Sunday 2 June 2013

Dear Owls, it's destiny.

Dear Owls, 

Beautiful people, amazing inspirations, jaw-dropping places and then there's me. I'm just there. I'm so much smaller than i put myself for. Nothing i do at this exact moment makes a difference. I'm just one more thing in this fixed, fastened world that continues to revolve even when i beg of it to stop.

So if i'm so insignificant, so petty, why am i here in the first place? Why didn't God just put the important people placed exactly where they should be? Why should we bump into things at unexpected times? Why can't life just be handed to us? Why can't i just meet someone, or something, and hear exactly what i should do with my life? Whether i like it or not, it's going to happen. I have no control of my destiny, it's going to happen, what should i do i about it?
Right?
Wrong.

Thinking about it, if everything was handed to me, i'd probably live in boredom of the monotonous events. I do however feel that, if i am living as a role, might as well make it a good one.

Ralph Waldo once said, "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

And this scares me because, i have no idea what i'm going to "decide" to be. I can't even decide if i want a cheeseburger with ketchup or without... Wow, cheeseburgers. I need one of those; with or without ketchup.

I'll keep you updated on my long list of questions about life and what not. Until then, wish me luck on my wave of upcoming exams.

Yours with a doubtful smile,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Yoshi Blinking