Monday 3 June 2013

Dear Owls, give this advice to girls.

Dear Owls, 

Girls around me, or not, do not understand what it means to have faith; faith in themselves especially. They do not understand the significance of having a long talk with themselves about simple things. They do not understand what it means to have an actual conversation with their future and wonder if they'll ever get a response. 

I'm not trying to put them down. I am, after all, one of those girls. I'm still trying to understand, i'm still trying to grasp the idea of not having another chance at times. I can not tell you if tomorrow is going to be easier or if your life will have anymore importance than it does now. I can't predict anything. But i can give you this:
  • If someone lets you down, don't let them push you further. 
  • If your friend, or family member, is not your comfort anymore, stop leaning on them. 
  • When the time comes, you'll stop crying and you'll start reacting. Don't react badly with someone you love, you might lose them. 
  • If life gives you lemons, take it. Free stuff is cool. 
  • One day you'll feel so mad, you can't breathe. You'll start to wonder if anything is ever worth it. When that time comes, write a letter to someone you love, or even to yourself. Letters, in my personal experience, are the best way to get past lost words. 

Please tell every girl in the world that this gets better. Tell them that i may not know exactly what they're going through and if they're still reading, tell them that they're so so strong. Tell them they're gorgeous and brave, even if they don't feel that right now. I do. 

Ps: Owl if you're a girl. Then this letter may be for you too after all. If it's not, wait your turn, i'm writing a lengthy letter for your species (gender, if you must) too. 

Yours with open arms for a hug, 
Don't leave me hanging, 
C'mon hug me!
Me.
Be yourself, no matter how silly you may seem.
-A girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Yoshi Blinking