Saturday 7 March 2015

Dear Owls, human nature.

Dear Owls, 

We are all faced by a choice in our life. Not the salt or no salt choice, the actual important choice. Choices like, will I chose to betray his trust or will I do the right thing despite of all the sacrifices made? Will I leave him hanging to save myself, or will I reach a hand out even though it could get it chopped off? Will I forget the past or will I let it haunt me? 
Will I wake up tomorrow, or will I do the cowardly thing and take my own life? 

Everyone on this planet is given a choice; it's the one thing that differentiates us from animals and plants. They do not chose their path, but we do. It's human nature to doubt and question. But what if you're stuck at a fork in the road? One day, you open you eyes and notice, shit- I actually have to decide what to do now. I'm not a child anymore and I need to take action before action is taken on me. It's also human nature to learn, and therefore, in the process of taking decisions and choosing the right path, we learn to be patient. We, as humans, learn to understand the problem before we make it worse. Well, some of us at least. The other some are still out there pondering at 2AM what their life is about. They ponder if they'll ever amount to anything or if they'll ever do something worth being proud of. As for decisions, I have none lately. The only thing I'm doing is learning to be patient. 

Salt or no salt. 
I wish it were that simple; sometimes, I think maybe it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Yoshi Blinking